Wise Wellness provide safe and effective solutions for all your health and medical needs.
While preparing to be an MD/DO at the University of Maryland College Park, Yaron Cohen was exposed to the art of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Having always been of holistic philosophies, he changed his pursuit from Western medicine towards becoming a physician of TCM. After graduating UMDCP with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (with Citations in Pre-Med and Jewish Studies), Yaron moved to Los Angeles, California to study at Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Studying under the well-known Ni brothers and the rest of Yo San’s premier educators only helped to fuel Yaron’s passion for TCM. Not only was there an excellent TCM and Western medicine curriculum, but an integrated and vital Qi Cultivation curriculum as well. Yaron believes that it is difficult to separate the spiritual side from the rest of the medicine as it is holistic in nature. Yaron received his Masters of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine with honors from Yo San University.
“I want to promote the wellness of my patients with compassionate care through building a partnership of health, lifestyle guidance, and Traditional Chinese Medicine”. Yaron Cohen L.Ac.
Clinical Experience Includes:
– Faculty / Supervisor – Virginia University of Integrated Medicine – Fairfax, VA
– YSU Community Clinic — Los Angeles, CA
– Simms/Mann Wellness Center – Venice Family Clinic, Pain Management Clinic — Santa Monica, CA
– Wise Wellness – Kensington, MD
Societies / Associations:
– American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM) — Bethesda, MD
– Maryland Acupuncture Society (MAS) — Takoma Park, MD
Licenses / Certifications:
– Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) MD-U01980, VA-0121000745
– Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl.OM.) (NCCAOM) – 127279
– Clean Needle Technique (CNT) – CCAOM
– Blood-borne Pathogens – Stericycle Sterisafe OSHA Program
– CPR / 1st Aid / Defibrillator – American Heart Association
– Certified Taoist Meditation Instructor – CHI Health Institiute