At Wise Wellness we strive to provide the most comfortable patient experience on your healing journey. To help keep your experience as pleasant as possible, here are a few tips:
– Please fill out any relevant paperwork prior to arrival. If you are unable to do so, please arrive about 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow for sufficient time to fill it out.
– Please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. We tend to stay below the elbows and knees so something that can be rolled up easily is preferred. If this is not available, we do provide gowns if necessary.
– Please have a light snack before treatment, especially if you have low blood sugar issues. Drink plenty of water, especially after treatment.
– There is generally a sensation felt with acupuncture treatment, although some experience no sensation at all. These sensations differ with each individual and with each treatment. They may include: heaviness, pressure, electric, a quick sting, warmth, coolness, tingling, pulsating, etc. These sensations are normal and should dissipate within a few seconds.
– After your initial consultation you will be presented with an individualized care plan. Care plans are designed to maximize therapeutic efficacy. It is essential to follow the care plans as prescribed to get you feeling better faster and for longer. This includes frequency of acupuncture treatments, compliance to the botanical medicine regimen, nutritional modifications, and self-care exercises.
– Payment is due at time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check, HSA/FSA and major credit cards as forms of payment.
– We do accept insurance! Many insurance companies now cover acupuncture therapy within their benefits. Botanical medicine is generally not covered. Please bring your insurance card and ID to verify benefits.
– We want to make sure every aspect of your experience at Wise Wellness is comfortable and crystal clear. Feel free to ask us questions or provide comments at any time. We graciously welcome any and all feedback to increase the quality of your experience.